Get to Vitality GOLD status
Michael Jonker - 04 May 2017
The first months of 2017 has flown by and you are still on Vitality Blue status thinking that only rich homemakers can get to Gold Vitality status. Getting to Gold is not necessarily n timeous exercise, being informed of the latest points-earning opportunities and living an active lifestyle is the way to go. Climbing the ranks to Gold status is important for Vitality members. This ensure more benefits and discounts but most important, a healthier lifestyle. How do I get to Vitality Gold status is a question that I get on a weekly basis and decided to write an article explaining the Vitality Points Summary. Many people do not get the time to log into the website to see how they can earn points.
Discovery, thought its Vitality product, incentivize and reward their clients for being fit and making healthy choices. The "free points" era is a thing of the past, you will have to get off the couch more than once a week in order to maintain your Diamond or Gold status. If you understand the integration model Discovery offers, then you will also know that there is a lot of value in Vitality points.
Vitality gives you discount on great products and services like flights, car hire and gym membership fees. These benefits are however only a fraction of the true value. Vitality is at the center of the integrated Discovery value offering. If you attain a higher status you get bigger paybacks, more discount on life and other risk insurance premiums, lower investment fees and more fuel reward with Discovery insure. Discovery will reward you if you live a healthy lifestyle.
Let us look at the summary and the points allocated:
Vitality Age Assessment (2500 points)
The Age Assessment is done online (click here) and provides an indication of how healthy you are relatively to your actual age.
Vitality Health Check (up to 20 000 points)
The Health Check is free if you are a Discovery Health Member and R180 if not. You can click here if you would like to book a Health Check.
- Weight Assessment
- Glucose Testing
- Blood Pressure Test
- Cholesterol Screening
- Non-Smokers Declaration (this cannot be done online anymore)
Additional test’s that can be done
- Colonoscopy (2500 points aged 50 and older)
- Dental check-up (1000 points)
- Glaucoma screening (2500 points aged 40 and older)
- HIV test (5000 points aged 18 and older)
- Mammogram (2500 points for woman aged 40 and older)
- Pap Smears (2500 points woman between 16 and 65)
- Vision Test (1000 points aged 60 years and older)
Points for eating Healthy
You will have to have applied for the HealthyFood benefit- click here to apply
- HealthyFood items – (20 points per item)
- Un-HealthyFood items (minus 2o points)
- Have your weight assessed at Weight Watchers SA (150 points per week per weigh in)
- Dietician Consultation (1000 points)
Expecting and new mothers
- Vaccinations – 0-2 years (500 points)
- Attending antenatal classes for expecting parents (2000 points once a year)
- CPR Course (2500 points a year- for as long as the certificate is valid)
- Well baby clinic visit at Clicks or Dischem (Up to 2500 points per year)
* Plus earn double points for selected fitness activities and for buying HealthyFood items during pregnancy and until your baby is six months old.
Benefits for Child Dependents (18 years and younger)
- Kids Vitality Health Review (500 points a year, older than 2 and younger than 18)
- Kids Vitality Health Check (500 points a year, older than 2 and younger than 18)
- Dental Check (1000 points, older than 2 and younger than 18)
- Optometry check (1000 points, kids between 3 and 5 years old)
- EyeGym (2500 points, aged 6-18 years old)
- Parkrun (500 points, kids older than 6 years old)
- Gym visits with fitness device (100 points, kids older than 12 years old)
Vaccinations (Whole Family)
- Flu Vaccination (1000 points) – bonus points for 60 years and older.
- HPV Vaccinations (1000 points in a lifetime) -between the ages of nine and 25 years old
- Pneumococcal Vaccinations (1000 points once a year- aged 60 and older)
- Shingles vaccinations (1000 points once a year – aged 60 and older)
- Vaccinations for children under 2 years (500 points per vaccination)
- Childhood Vaccinations (1000 points in lifetime, aged 4 to 7)
Points for getting Active
- Total Fitness points for the year (30 000 points)
- Total Fitness points for the year – KIDS (20 000 points)
- Vitality Fitness Assessment (up to 7500 points once a year)
- Vitality High Performance Fitness Assessment (bonus of 10 000 points depending on your fitness level)
*Vitality Points for different fitness activities*
As you can see, you will have to get off the couch and get active to be fully rewarded with Vitality points this year.
If you need any Vitality assistance please feel free to ask questions on the Ask Advice Platform, we have Vitality days all around South Africa and will be more than happy to assist in bookings and making sure that you get to Vitality Gold status. Integrate your healthy lifestyle with Discovery, get rewarded and save money.